Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Here We Go Again

The little girl across the street babysits when I go to Pilate's. Her mother is always home and I am only 5 minutes away. When the kids need their diapers changed, she calls her mom and she comes over to change them. Except for Monday, her mother had a job interview and she wasn't home. When I got home, Ben was swimming in poo. He had diarrhea and she left him in it. I changed Ben immediately hoping that it had just happened. But, good ol' Jack has become quite the tattle tail and came running over to tell me that Allison said she didn't want to change him so he would have to wait until I got home. When I wiped Ben's bottom his skin actually peeled off with it. Poor little dude. I called Travis and he wanted me to call Allison back over and show her what she had done to him. Then tell her that she couldn't babysit anymore until she can change a diaper. I chose to take a different approach; I talked to her mother. The little girl is an only child and her mother thinks she can do no wrong so I had to choose my words carefully. I told her mother about the incident and she said "oh, that is strange I was over there at 10:45 to change his pants and he had diarrhea then too, that must have just happened when you got home". It didn't surprise me that she would deny that it was her kid’s fault so I took another route and said "Well, I think she needs to work on changing diapers before I can use her at night or refer her to any of my friends". That did it; she said she would work with her, so we will see. She is coming over to babysit today again, let's hope she has practiced because Ben still has diarrhea!

No comments: