Saturday, July 7, 2007

Color Me Surprised!

Jack and I were doing some 'table time' this morning, which means we sit at the kitchen table and concentrate on one task or craft for at least 30 minutes. I heard a woman speak about the importance of teaching your preschoolers to sit quietly and concentrate, so I implemented table time. This morning Jack decided on staining sun catchers. As Jack and I sat at the table we could hear the babies playing on the steps. I didn't know what they were doing, but they were quiet and not bothering Jack while he tried to work so I let it go. Jack and I were hearing them tapping on the walls, it finally annoyed Jack enough that he went to check it out.

Jack: OH...MY...GOSH!
Me: (from the table) What?
Jack: You babies are lucky your daddy isn't home!
Me: (coming around the corner to see the carnage) Oh my!
Jack: Can you believe these babies are this bad, I think you should spank them...no, I think you should tell daddy to spank them.

Ben and Lauren had gotten a hold of a stray crayon and graffitied the entire stairwell. I should have taken a picture, but instead I quickly got a cloth and went to work on the mess. Jack was right; if Travis had been home we all would have been in trouble. Of course the babies for the actual act, but I would also be in trouble for not watching them close enough. The good news is that the crayon was washable and I got the mess cleaned up before Travis got home from his haircut. He won't know about the crayon until he reads this post!

No comments: