Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tupid Is A Stupid Word

Ben: Tupid Lolo!
Lauren: Mom, Benny tupid me. Tupid Benny!
Ben: Mom, Lolo Tupid me. Tupid Lolo!
Jack: You are both stupid!
Ben & Lauren: Tupid Jackie!
Jack: I don't like to be call stupid or Jackie!
Ben: Tupid Jackie!
Lauren: Tupid Jack!
Jack: Mom, the babies called me stupid Jackie!
Me: ENOUGH!
Ben & Lauren: Tupid Mommy!

We go through this exchange a million times a day. I don't know what to do! Jack would never dream of calling me stupid. Ben and Lauren know they shouldn't say stupid, but I don't think they really know what they are saying but they know they get a rise out of me. Jack didn't know the word stupid when he was two and a half, but thanks to the preschooler in the house Ben and Lauren know all sorts of inappropriate words. Does anyone have Super Nanny's phone number?

1 comment:

Crystal D said...

Yep, stupid is a bad word in our house too. Madeline would NEVER say it, but if Amelia thought she could get a reaction, she would use it all day. I have to be SO careful what I say around her.
I have no advice, I just know where you are coming from.