Saturday, January 19, 2008

Scrolling Saturday II


I have spent so much time this morning trying to pick out an old post for Scrolling Saturday. I have realized that I am damn funny and if you don't agree get off my blog! It is really hard to choose which post to resurrect, but before I waste any more time reading my own writing I give you "Get Your Own Cheese". Nobody bothered to comment on the funny post back in August, all I can figure is that nobody read it otherwise I would have been bombarded with comments!

Get Your Own Cheese

Jack has been having his fair share of pooping problems lately. While we were in San Antonio I actually had to use Travis' toothbrush to help Jack with his constipation. I know that is too much information and I am sure Travis would like me to throw in that he left his toothbrush at the hotel! So, this morning after Jack had spent several minutes in the bathroom I stepped over Lauren who was lying on the floor crying at the door and tried to open the door a crack to check on him. The door was locked, I don't blame him, the babies are constantly walking in on him.

Me: Jack, what are you doing in there?
Jack: pooping
Me: okay, don't forget to wash your hands

Several more minutes pass and he is still in the bathroom and Lauren is sticking her hands under the door crying for her brother's attention.

Me: Jack, are you okay?
Jack: Yes
Me: Are you still pooping?
Jack: No
Me: Then what are you still doing in the bathroom?
Jack: Eating my cheese.
Me: What?
Jack: Lauren was trying to take my string cheese away so I am eating it in here for privacy.
Me: Yuck!
Jack: It's not yucky; I like cheese!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've so eaten cheese in the bathroom before, for the sheer privacy of it all. I so understand where Jack is coming from.

The toothbrush, though..wrong, just wrong!

Unknown said...

I could never have even dreamed up such a thing! This is great. Kids are SOOOO funny!

suchsimplepleasures said...

i think you're hysterical and therefore, i'm not getting off your blog!!
that is so funny!!! see though...i used thermometers with vaseline! and...here i am, with the sick mind that i have...i'm curious as to which end of the toothbrush you used? ew!!
funny post, girlfriend!!

Laura Paxton said...

kids are so much fun, even when they're being gross!!

Kelli said...

Okay you sick freak, it wasn't the business end of the toothbrush and Travis didn't use the toothbrush again anyway! Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Alison said...

that is so cute!! Kids are so literal.

Well, as a Dental Hygienist, I thought I have heard it all...but I have never heard of a toothbrush used in that capacity!!! I will have to remember that!!

Kat said...

I've eaten in the bathroom before. My boys are little pigs and at least half of everything I eat gets eaten by them. Sometimes the only way I can enjoy some food is to eat it locked in the bathroom.
hehehe
Great post!

Mamarazzi said...

i love that kid!! i swear Jack is full of great ideas!

SHW said...

I was blind to the blogging world in August or I so would have commented! My thought...maybe all the cheese is the cause of the constipation. And I have so often used the privacy of the bathroom as a cover for other activities: reading the mail, balancing the checkbook, blogging, I draw the line at food though...I just can't do it.

suchsimplepleasures said...

hey...i have something for you, over at my blog!!
xo