Saturday, January 12, 2008

Scrolling Saturday

My bloggy buddy at Such Simple Pleasures has started "Scrolling Saturday". The premise, resurrect an old post for your new pals to read. This has saved me for today as it is 10pm and all I have done today is go to JoAnn's TWICE for supplies for the super hero capes and have a picnic outside in 50-degree (brrr!) weather with my kids to make up for the trips to the fabric store. So, without further ado my first Scrolling Saturday...

Call Me Winona Ryder

So I went to Walmart on a Saturday, which was my first mistake. My second mistake was buckling Ben and Lauren into the cart. As soon as I buckled them they started to throw a fit, but I refused to give in. I don't like them getting out of the cart, not to mention I didn't want them to think that they get their way if they throw a fit. They both managed to scream the ENTIRE time I was at the store, and this wasn't a short little 5-minute trip. They both took their shoes off and threw them, they were hitting each other, pulling hair and spitting. I must have looked like an escapee from the insane asylum as I walked through the store. My head was pounding, my eyes were glossed over and my stomach was in knots as I did my all to ignore the screaming. I normally get several comments about how cute Ben and Lauren are, but today I didn't get a single one. I wonder why? They were still screaming when I went through the checkout, I was fried. The checker rang up my over priced soda twice, he could barely hear me call him out over all of the screaming. In the parking lot on the way to the car one of my 12 packs of soda fell off the bottom rack. Just as I stopped to pick it up Lauren managed to free herself from the buckle. She tried to make a break for it, without her shoes on. I grabbed her by the shoulder with a grip I learned from my mother and sat her back into the cart. Unfortunately, I missed the seat and she fell to the ground. If there were cameras in the parking lot I would be expecting a visit from CPS. When I finally started loading my groceries into the car I realized that the checker hadn't charged me for the card that was stuck behind my purse. I couldn't bring myself to go back in and pay for it. I am a thief, a shoplifter, a common criminal. I stole a $3 card. The only thing that makes me feel better about it is that I am positive I have been overcharged there at least once!

6 comments:

Kat said...

HAHAHA!
This was an awesome post! Haven't we all been there? I know I have. That was great!
I have a Ben too, and I always said if I had a girl her name would either be Grace or Lauren.
We must have similar taste in names.
Great post!

Mamarazzi said...

fantastic post!! i love how you just decided to take the hit and risk future greeting card karma. do not be surprised if the next time you go to find a card, the perfect card, for someone you can't find it. yea i would have taken the risk too...eh, it's just Hallmark, they are freeeeekin loaded!!

i am sooo excited about scrolling saturday. i have tried a few times to stop and read archives from some of my favorite blogs. but there is sooooo much bloggy goodness it is hard to get it all in. NOW with this new group of people doing this super fun meme i have a whole new blog world to explore. so very cool!!

Jenni said...

Holy crap, it's like you took a day out of my world (except add 2 more kids!).

I can always tell the "real" moms in the store. Their the ones who look with sympathy instead of disdain!

suchsimplepleasures said...

hilarious!!! i'll bet you,that has happened to all of us "fried" moms! i've stolen candy and string cheese!! well, technically, my kids have but, i noticed and didn't go back in to pay!!!

Unknown said...

I have certainly done something similar. And, I totally agree. You win some & you lose some. But, why would you attempt Wal-Mart on a Saturday?

I love the picture of your kids in the blue bonnets. I hope to get one of those myself this year.

Crystal D said...

Oh PLEASE don't worry about the 3 dollars. You were probably over charged on something today. I went through a couple weeks where I was checking my receipts very carefully. I was over and/or under charged nearly the same amount. One time I paid almost $10 for an eggplant (not a Chinese eggplant like it was rang up) but was not charged for something else that I bought multiples of. I have paid full price for things on sale often and one time I didn't pay for a tiny stuffed doll that fell in a slipper box.
As long as none of the over and under paying is done on purpose then I say you are even.