Friday, January 25, 2008

Whose Your Daddy?

Jack: Lauren, turn around and eat your breakfast you bad girl!
Me: Jack, I will do the parenting and Lauren is not a bad girl.
Jack: When dad is at work I have to be the daddy.
Me: No, you can still be a kid I have it covered.
Jack: No, dad told me that I have to help you while he is gone, so I am the daddy.

Trust me kid, I am in charge here whether you like it or not. You don't believe me try me! We don't call the kids bad, I am not even sure where he got that! I will admit I feel like I am always telling the kids to turn around and eat. Come to think of it, I am tired of having to say that. Maybe I should just take the day off and put Jack in charge. He seems to have it covered, Ben and Lauren may have to spend years in therapy being convinced that they aren't bad, but they will have at least started the day with a good breakfast!

5 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

hilarious!!! my step son is always trying to parent my 4 year old...and i have to keep telling him that he is a kid and i'm the parent so, let me do my job!!! i guess my step son is telling me something!!
btw...my son will not let me take a pic of him!!! but, i'll have you know that, he hasn't taken the cape off!!! it's a struggle at bedtime...don't want him sleeping in it! so, thanks again...you are an awesome bloggy friend!!

Anonymous said...

How funny!! My four year old just the other day said, can I be the daddy for today? I think it should be family movie night!! And ice cream night!

Guess who's the "good guy" in this family??? I'll give you a hint...it's not me.

Mamarazzi said...

way. too. funny.

i am beginning to think Jack and i are kindred spirits!

SHW said...

My 8 year-old thinks she's in charge of my 12 year-old. At our house "Mom" is in charge of "Dad" too.

Lisa said...

I swear, the oldest child is such a boss. I was that child, and I'm still pretty bossy!!!

PS - I tagged you for a meme if you're interested :)