Friday, January 18, 2008

It Happened

I knew this day would come. The day when my dear sweet babies tell me that my singing sucks just like their older brother did two years before. I like to sing and be silly. Not in front of anyone, only my kids. I am not a good singer, but in the privacy of your own home, who cares? The problem, my kids are officially done. This morning as Ben and Lauren were demanding milk I was attempting to diffuse the situation with a little ditty.

Me: There was a mommy had a boy and Benny was his namo B-E-N-N-Y, B-E-N-N-Y, B-E-N-N-Y and Benny was his namo.

Ben: MOMMY, NO SONG, JUST MILK!

Me: (thinking fine, I will sing Lauren's song you ungrateful little brat) you are my Lauren, my only Lauren, you make me happy when skies are gray, you'll never know Lo how much I love you, please don't take my Lauren away.

Lauren: Mommy, sing after milk.

Apparently this child has never heard "whistle while you work", I can sing and get the milk all at the same time, I can even walk and chew gum sometimes!

4 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

my son covers his ears when i sing!!! my big kids, they leave the room! does it appear that certain somebodies are telling me something? hey...the way i look at it is, they should be happy that we are singing and not screaming!!!

Kat said...

Ha! Little stinkers! That is really funny. No singing, just milk. hehehe

SHW said...

Rumor has it I used to tell my mother, "Don't sing Mommy." She can't carry a tune in a bucket. But the Good Book says, "Make a joyful noise." It says nothing about making a beautiful noise. So you just keep on singing!

Mamarazzi said...

hilarous!!