Friday, January 18, 2008

Think Pink




Oh yes, this girl has style! She was sporting the pink hair bow from yesterday and decided to match her outfit to her day old hair, which is even more stale than day old bread! It is hard to get the full affect from the picture so allow me to take inventory.

Pink cowboy boots on the wrong feet
Pink socks pulled all the way up to her knees
Pink corduroy Capri’s with pink satin pockets
Tight long sleeved shirt that looks more like 3/4 length with pink and yellow stripes purchased from the Walmart clearance rack for $1.
Topped off with a pink and white bow.

The boots, Capri’s and bow are all darling, just not together. I didn't take this opportunity to go over the "less is more" lesson, but I will. I didn't want to burst her little bubble, after all she worked so hard to dress herself.

She reminded me of my grandpa. His color wasn't pink he preferred red. To him there was no variation in the color. Maroon, bright red, light red, dark red, cranberry; they were all the same color to him. He found nothing wrong with wearing all of them together. He loved bright Hawaiian shirts because "they matched with everything". We used to say his only taste was in his mouth! I don't know why my grandma let this happen; after all it wasn't nearly the accomplishment for him to dress himself. I bet he would have thought Lauren looked beautiful because she was completely confident! You know what? He would have been right! The most important thing you can put on in the morning is your confidence and your smile. Maybe I shouldn't bother with the "less is more" lesson, I think she has already learned the most important lesson of all, may she never forget it!

5 comments:

Jim and Jami said...

How sweet she is, let me just say I love your blog.....the things your kids come up with are a hoot.....Jack is too funny.....have a great day. Jami

Crystal D said...

oh how that shirt stretches over the belly, just priceless.

Alison said...

Simply adorable and what a great mom you are for allowing her to express herself!! I will never forget the phase my daughter was in when she was about 3. She insisted on wearing her bathing suit over all of her outfits!!

suchsimplepleasures said...

so cute!!! i think that girl has it going on!!
xoxo

Mamarazzi said...

adorable....PINK is my favorite color too...its much cuter on her, not as cute on a 36 yr old.