Sunday, January 20, 2008

I've Got Game



First and foremost I would like to point out that I am excellent. If you don't believe me check out that award that Melissa at Such Simple Pleasures gave me. This chic doesn't lie, therefore I am excellent! Thanks Melissa, love you long time!

A friend of mine has turned me on to The Grocery Game. I must admit I was skeptical at first, but I saved, drum roll please.... $150! That's right folks one hundred and fifty big ones! I can hear you all asking, just like Travis did "yeah, but how much did you spend?". I spent $140, so I got $290 worth of groceries for $140. I didn't buy a bunch of shit I won't use either; I only got stuff we eat. I will admit I bought Huggies rather than our usual Pampers, but that is the only difference. I am really thinking this might save us some money if I can commit to all of the coupon clipping! As I stood in line with my computer print outs and a fist full of coupons the toothless bag lady started asking questions.

TBL (toothless bag lady): Are you doing the grocery game?
Me: Yep.
TBL: I tried to do that, but I got so confused that I had to stop. Do you really save money?
Me: This is the first time I have tried it, but I think it will save some money.
TBL: I can't wait to see!

Okay, first of all, this crazy woman works at the grocery store and she can't figure it out? It really isn't that hard. They pretty much spell it out for you. When the checker announced that I had saved $87 at that store I thought she was going to spit out her remaining teeth. I think she wanted to high five me! She couldn't contain herself; I could still hear her talking about my savings as I was walking out.

7 comments:

suchsimplepleasures said...

what the heck is the grocery game? i want game, too!! i need some sort of game in my life, besides the blogging one!! and...the avoiding kids when they are home from school because martin luther king got assassinated, game!!
xo
oh yeah, and...you're welcome!

Crystal D said...

I signed up 2 weeks ago. I saved about $60 the first time I used it shopping. I didn't have time to think about it before I went shopping this week, but I am going to try it again this week.

Lisa said...

How the heck do I sign up for the grocery game. Hubby & I have degrees in being cheap, so you know this would be right up our alley!!!

Yes, he went to work today. He said he was feeling better, but what do you want to bet...he'll be completely wiped when he comes home - augh!

Lisa said...

Okay - just googled Grocery Game - I'm going to have to try this :) Maybe all of the money I save can go into the "Make our kitchen look like it's not straight out of the 70's" fund!

Kat said...

The grocery game? What the heck is that?
Congrats on your award! Yeah you!

Mamarazzi said...

toothless bag lady...HYSTERICAL!

Kelli said...

www.thegrocerygame.com