Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Hero!

Tuesday Jack was at school and I was expecting the cleaning ladies at any moment so I unlocked the front door, filled a water bottle for myself, got snacks for Ben & Lauren and laced up my walking shoes. We went out the garage door without the opener because the front door was unlocked. I took the kids for a 45-minute walk. By the end of our walk I had to pee, was tripping and was well beyond glistening, let's not mince words; I was sweating like a pig. When I approached our house I noticed the cleaning ladies’ van wasn't out front. I was very annoyed. I was anticipating that they would be just about done by the time we got home. Lauren is scared of the cleaning ladies, so I try not to be home while they are working. I don't blame her, they scurry around like little mice, and I will admit they make me a little nervous. I figured I would get everyone inside then call and figure out where they were. All I wanted to do was go inside where it was cool, go to the bathroom and sit on my hiney. When I went to the front door, it was locked. Ben or Lauren must have locked the front door while I was getting everything else ready for our walk. I then tripped myself the mile to Trisha's house; I scuffed the front of my brand new right shoe flat. Travis had to come home from work to give me a key. I knew he was less than pleased, but he was our hero without complaining!

1 comment:

kk said...

Why not go next door to J & P???