Thursday, September 13, 2007

Update

Yesterday afternoon I sent an email to Jack's teachers about the lunch issue...

Hi Tara and Deb!

Jack told me that he wasn't allowed to eat his baked Cheetos and fruit rollup in his lunch today. I didn't find a note in his backpack about it (probably because I was a little early) and I just wanted to understand the situation. He told me he was still hungry and doesn't know why he didn't get to finish his lunch. I asked him if he had gotten in trouble and he said no. I asked if he ran out of time and he said no. If he isn't allowed to eat those things because they are too messy I want to make sure I don't pack them again and I understand the parameters. Whatever it is I don't care, I just want to know so I can make your lives easier! :) I would ask in the morning, but I know how busy you guys are then!

Kelli

Tara's response:

I was actually making copies the last few minutes of lunch so I was not in the room. I will ask Deb in the morning and we will let you know. I can tell you that those things are ok in his lunch. I did tell him at the beginning of lunch that I was not going to open his fruit roll ups until the other stuff was gone, because if we ran out of time he could wait and eat them after school-so maybe he misunderstood? I do feel bad because he was very excited about having Cheetos in his lunch. In fact it was very cute in the morning how he was telling me all about his Cheetos and drinkable yogurt he was getting for lunch. The only reason we typically tell a child they cannot eat something is if they are playing with the food or if we are out of time and they had not been eating. If we are out of time and a child still is eating usually one of us will wait behind with them. Thanks for your consideration of the busy moments we have at drop off in the morning.... we are there early though so I will discuss it with Deb and let you know.


Thanks,
TARA

When I spoke to Tara this morning she said that she had talked to Deb and Jack was not in trouble and it was probably just a misunderstanding. What a relief! I over heard one of the other teachers wishing Ms. Tara a happy birthday this morning. In attempts to be the ass kissing parent I dug a little gift out of my "gift closet" and raided Trisha's to put together a nice gift. Does this make up for being "that mom"?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Working in "the projects" I only ever got dollar store rejects for holidays and such (although they were always given with love) and loved them, so I'm sure the teacher will absolutely love your ass kissing birthday gift!!!
I think your email was the perfect way to handle the whole situation. Glad everything worked out. Those baked cheetos are super yummy!!