Monday, September 10, 2007

Go Fish!


Much to Travis' opposition the kids got goldfish yesterday. When Jack was almost 2 we got him a fish tank for Christmas. We didn't get him expensive fish, just some different colors for him to watch swim around. He loved watching the fish. He also loved putting stuff into the fish tank. He put his Hokey Pokey Elmo in the tank once. That was the end of Hokey Pokey Elmo, after his swim he was possessed and would start dancing in the middle of the night, so he went to toy heaven. The fish tank was finally thrown away when Jack decided to feed the fish the entire economy pack of fish food at one sitting. I heard him coming down the stairs chanting to himself "gotta tell mommy I fed the fish, gotta tell mommy I fed the fish". I couldn't stomach cleaning the tank because I was pregnant with the twins and in the throws of morning sickness. By the time Travis came home from work to deal with it most of the fish were dead or close to it!

My MOPS group sponsored the goldfish pond at the church carnival yesterday. Jack came along to help pick up the fish at the pet store and stood by while we set up the booth. There was no way that I could tell Jack that all the other kids got to take the fish home but he couldn't. So while we were at the pet store I picked up a small fish bowl, net and some fish food so we could try again. As I was bringing everything in Jack saw me with the net and asked "Is that net to take the fish out of the bowl when they die?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey that is a good pic of the fish!
At least they are up swimming around unlike my dumb fish.