Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I've Still Got It!

For the last 2 years I have been waiting for today! Today was the first day of the "carpool line" at school. When your child is in the 4-year-old class you don't have to get your other two children dressed, unload the babies from the car, put them in the stroller, dig out your kid's backpack, get your preschooler out, then tromp into school with your hair in a ponytail and no make-up on. We get the privilege of pulling up to the door and dropping them off! This morning Jack woke up and told me that he didn't want to do carpool, he wanted ALL of us to walk him in like we always do. What? I haven't been in sales for the last three years, but I still consider it my specialty. I spent two hours this morning giving Jack the hard sell, just like my dad used to do to me. "The carpool line will be super cool, only the big kids get to do it", "The babies still have to walk in with their moms, but not you!” "You are so grown up", etc. As we were driving up to the school I still hadn't closed the deal. I pulled into the carpool line and heard Jack say, "What are we doing in this line of cars". "We are in the big kids carpool line, of course!" I say with as much enthusiasm as I can muster. "You mean those kids walking in with their moms are babies?" Jack whines. "Now you've got it,” I exclaim. The next thing I know Jack is bouncing around chanting something about being a big boy now. Sold! That's right folks; I've still got it! Where is the woman in white gloves? I have a ketchup popsicle I would like to sell her. Where is the Eskimo? I have some ice for sale! Anyone interested in some ocean front land in Nebraska?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Julia has that drop-off system at school & it is really nice. Part of me misses being able to go in to see what's going on daily, but I know when it is 100 below zero I'm going to be so thankful that I don't have to take Eva out in the nastiness!