Saturday, September 8, 2007

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise



Last night Travis had a wonderful surprise party for me at a local wine bar. I was told that we were going to an expensive restaurant with friends who had a gift certificate. When Travis got home he told me that the reservations had gotten messed up so we were going to eat later and stop at the wine bar for a drink since we all had sitters already lined up. Our sitter arrived early so I wanted to go ahead and leave. Travis dilly-dallied which drives me crazy, but I didn't think anything of it since he always does that! When we arrived at the bar I saw the two couples that we were suppose to go to dinner with as well as another couple. I hate to admit that my first thought was "oh, I didn't realize they were coming, that gift certificate isn't going to go very far". Imagine how bitchy I felt when I realized that there were even more people there and it was a surprise party for me! All of my friends were there and it was just fabulous. Anne and Trisha made the most beautiful cake ever. I think it was even prettier than my wedding cake! I have always wanted a surprise party and after 32 years my wish has been granted. What a great night thanks to wonderful friends and a great husband!

No comments: