Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tommy Boy


Tommy: Richard, do I have a mark on my face, it really hurts?
Richard: No, nothing, I thought I hit you in the shoulder.
Tommy: My shoulder doesn't hurt very much, but my face does, (motioning to the mark on his face) right here, not here or here so much, but right here.
Richard: No, shipshape. Waitress, can I get that shrimp cocktail I saw in the glass case.
Waitress: Yep, and you, what can I get...Jesus, what happened to your face?
Tommy: I knew it, see Richard!


Jack has been really accident-prone lately. This latest mark reminds me of Tommy Boy, one of my favorite movies! He was tipping his folding chair and landed on his Thomas wooden railway bridge. That coupled with the mysterious scratches on his forehead makes him look like an abused child!

2 comments:

SHW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

My son is not so much accident prone as he is a dare devil. And he always has the uncanny ability to have a black eye, swollen lip, stitches, or some other obvious injury right before we need to get family pictures taken or go to the doctor for a check-up. There have been a couple of times the doctor has had that questioning look.