Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Day Of School

Today was the first day of school. I was able to get so much done! I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond, Linen N Things, Walmart, the dry cleaners, the dentist, made a donation at Goodwill, read a magazine and cleaned out my recipe drawer (which is no small task, I sorted over 200 scraps of paper with random recipes on them)! It is amazing to me how light the child load can feel by just getting rid of one kid! I have been thinking that Ben and Lauren were the ones to blame for the fighting. I now know that Jack is the instigator and has perfected the skill of looking innocent when I turn my head. So much for those darn eyes in the back of my head, I guess I am going to need some glasses! I will say I was a little lost without Jack. I just don't feel complete without him with me. I can only imagine how a mother who loses her child feels. When my heart aches for Jack during the school day I just need to remind myself that I will be picking him up in a few short hours. I don't know if I could go on if there wasn't a pick up time. Lauren missed him too. She must have asked me a thousand times where Jack was. I finally got to the point where I would respond to her question by saying, "I don't know Lauren, where is Jack?" She was convinced he was upstairs; I finally just went with it.

As I was taking the traditional 'First Day Of School' pictures in front of the garage Jack insisted that I take this picture so we could "remember how cool his backpack is". No wonder kids are having more back problems these days, look how big that sucker is! And, yes, he is wearing shorts!


No comments: