Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lock Down

Yesterday as I was preparing for the cleaning lady by doing laundry and picking up toys our annoying neighbors across the street call. The mother wanted to see if their 12-year-old (yes, the one who babysat this summer) could hang out with my kids while she ran errands. Being the sucker I am I say "sure!” although I was thinking 'are you really calling to ask me to baby-sit your 12-year-old?' Jack has recently been realizing that Amy is annoying and I think she senses it. Amy hasn't been very nice to Jack lately; it has definitely been a downward spiral. Yesterday all of the kids went upstairs to play as I continued to sort laundry. Apparently Jack finally got fed up with Amy and locked her, Ben and Lauren in the babies' room. We have the lock on the outside of their room so we can lock them in at night to be sure they don't go wandering around the house. We are getting to a point where we don't need to lock them in, but we haven't changed the doorknob around yet. I went upstairs to put Ben and Lauren's clothes away only to find that the door was locked and the three of them were inside. Amy was dialing her mom on her cell phone to ask her to call me and let them out. I am not exactly sure why she couldn't just yell for me. Oh wait, I know why, it is because she is a huge dork! Amy was visibly annoyed; maybe she will get the hint? I had a long talk with Jack about not being a bully but I am not sure any of it sunk in. As long as this doesn't go on at the Christian preschool I find it a little funny, but I won't be telling Jack that!

No comments: