Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Babies

My babies are three today. This morning was like Christmas, except poor Jack didn't get anything. I felt sorry for him. In most families that have three kids, each kid has their own birthday. It isn't like this morning when every kid was opening gifts except for Jack. I got Jack a couple of puzzles from the dollar spot at Target which made him feel a little better and he has had a fun day teaching Ben and Lauren how to use their new toys.

Dear Lauren,

Oh how I love you. You are the best daughter anyone could ever ask for. So loving, independent, strong, spunky, witty, beautiful and smart. I am so proud of you and lucky that you are my daughter. I love the relationship we have and hope that we are just as close when you are 13 as we are now. You remind me so much of my sister. I love Nicole so much and I know she loves you! You are the best girl in the whole wide world. I can't wait to go through all of your milestones with you; first kiss, first bra, first period, first boyfriend, prom, graduation, wedding and babies. I can only hope that you continue to think I am as great as you think I am now!

Love,
Mommy


Dear Benny,

My strong willed little pleaser. You have an infectious laugh and a smile that goes on for miles. You hate when I give you kisses, which makes the times you decide to kiss me even more meaningful. I love the running tackle hugs you give me. People ask me if you are always so serious which make me feel even luckier that you save your smiles, jokes and laughs for our family. I can't wait to see what kind of man you become. You are a great kid and I love you more and more each day. You will make your wife very lucky someday! I am so proud of you; it will be years before you understand my love for you!

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How are they three already? Man, it goes fast, huh?

Happy Birthday Ben & Lauren!

Crystal D said...

Happy Birthday Kids!

Jaina said...

Beautiful.
Happy birthday little ones!

Mamarazzi said...

wow..THREE years old!!

i have so loved reading about your little ones (Jack too). they all sound like great kiddos!

what wonderful little blessings you have there.

loved the post...beautiful!

Happy Birthday (i am late)!!!