Friday, August 1, 2008

The Good News And The Bad News...

The good news: Ben refuses to wear diapers. Only "panties" for him!

The bad news: Ben refuses to go potty on the toilet. He will sit on the potty, but that is where his cooperation ceases.

What do you do with a kid that won't wear diapers and won't go in the potty?

I'll tell you what I would do; I would let the kid wear his "panties" and clean up three, yes THREE, accidents in one day. Technically, I only cleaned up two messes, the poor saps hanging onto the bottom rung at Walmart cleaned up the other (see previous post). Tonight when I went to put a Pull-Up on him for bed he flipped out.

Me: We are going to put on your special nighttime underwear.
Ben: Those are not panties; those are diapers, I DON'T WEAR DIAPERS ANYMORE!
Me: You have to use the toilet if you want to wear underwear to bed.
Ben: I DON'T NEED TO GO POTTY, I DON'T WEAR DIAPERS AND I DON'T WEAR PULL-UPS, I WEAR PANTIES!
Me: I've got a deal for you; if you go pee pee in the potty tomorrow you can wear underwear to bed tomorrow night.
Ben: I want Bob The Builder PANTIES tomorrow!
Me: Okay, deal.
Ben: Give me the diaper...

3 comments:

Crystal D said...

Oh Kelli you have yourself one strong willed boy. Did you try the kitchen timer? Give it to him. Let him be in charge of it, clip it on his pants, set it for 30-45 minutes and have him go to the potty and try every time it goes off. Show him how to help reset it and turn it off.
Hope you have less messes today!!

Jaina said...

Oh that's exasperating and I'm only reading it second hand! I do hope things are getting better.

Mamarazzi said...

gotta love the negotiation tactics! smart kid...smarter mama!