Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Panties

While Jack was at Vacation Bible School yesterday I took advantage of the opportunity to go to Target with just two kids. I needed to get some more panties for Lauren for our trip to Nebraska. While we were standing in the underwear aisle waiting for Lauren to decide between Curious George and Barbie, the Mickey Mouse underpants caught Ben's eye. Ben has plenty of underwear left over from Jack, but he promised he would use the Mickey Mouse underpants so I splurged! I will let you know how it works out after we get back from our trip. Lauren finally settled on Curious George and Hello Kitty panties and we went on to the rest of our shopping. It seemed a little ironic that I was pushing a cart full of diapers and wipes while the kids with me were proudly carrying their underwear through the store like a trophy. As we were going through the checkout Lauren announced that she had to go potty. Great, just great! By the time I struggled to push the cart full of our purchases through the bathroom door AND herded Ben and Lauren in I was in a full sweat. I got Lauren up on the potty and she was only able to squeeze out 4 drops.

Me: I thought you said you needed to go potty? (trying to stay cool)
Lauren: I need a new pair of panties.
Me: We don't have any more panties with us.
Lauren: Yes we do, we just bought some.
Me: We need to wash those first.
Lauren: But, my Dora panties are wet...

I bent down to feel her panties and guess what? Bone dry! That little snot was trying to play me. She just wanted to put on her new panties. I can appreciate her sense of urgency, but come on, cut me some slack!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

ooooh she is good!!

Jaina said...

Heres to hoping those Mickey Mouse pants do the trick!