Sunday, June 1, 2008

Why Diapers?

Excerpt of a conversation between Ben and I while I was changing his diaper before bed.

Ben: Ouch, don't pick up my legs.
Me: I have to so I can change your diaper.
Ben: Ouch!
Me: If you just went potty in the toilet like your brother and sister you wouldn't have this problem.
Ben: I don't want to go potty in the toilet. I like diapers!
Me: Why do you like diapers?
Ben: Because...JUST CHANGE MY DIAPER!

He doesn't even know why he is still soiling himself. I don't know where to go with this. Eventually I am going to ask him "Do you want to wear underwear today?" like I have everyday for two weeks and he is going to answer with a yes rather than the "nope" I have become accustom to. Right? Please remind me that he won't go to Kindergarten in diapers! Do they sell diapers that size or will he have to wear Depends?

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

depends!!! bwahhh hahah ha ha...sorry but that is hilarious!

poor you!

Lisa said...

Oh Kelli - sorry he isn't more into it.

What about buying some of those old-fashioned plastic pants & putting them over underwear? That way he'd feel the "wet" a lot more? Or could you make a big deal out of giving your diapers to your nephew???

Jaina said...

Hmm, I wonder what about it he doesn't like. I wonder if he thinks that it makes him grow up or something like that.