Monday, June 9, 2008

What's For Dinner?

4:00pm Load the kids into the car and head to the gym.

4:30pm Gym class starts.

4:40pm Travis leaves a message on our home answering machine saying Pete is in town, but he has a work dinner so he might go out for a beer with him later.

5:30pm Gym class ends.

5:35pm Gather kids from the Kids Klub and load them up to head home.

5:40pm Travis leaves another message on our home answering machine saying that he is blowing off the work dinner and Pete is coming to our house for dinner at 6:30.

6:09pm I arrive home and listen to the answering machine to learn I am having dinner guests in 21 minutes.

I had 3 chicken breasts thawing for dinner...not enough to feed 6 people. Trav had to stop at the store for more food on his way home. The kids and I had a busy day so the house was a mess. I was drenched in sweat.

I barked orders at the kids to pick up toys, did a quick sweep of the kitchen and jumped in the shower. I don't think I will ever say this again, but thank goodness for rush hour traffic in Dallas! Pete was a little late so I managed to get the house presentable, shower, dry my hair and make an appetizer before he arrived. Just call me June Cleaver!

4 comments:

SHW said...

You go girl! Hope everything went well!

Lisa said...

You're way better than me. We would have had pizza delivered, and I wouldn't have even gone to work out!

Jaina said...

You are a rock star!

Mamarazzi said...

oh i have SOOOO been there!

congrats on getting it all together though.

You. Are. My. Hero.