Monday, June 2, 2008

Slow Down Summer!

I thought summer was supposed to be relaxing. I have been misled by the Country Time lemonade commercials. Summer is like childbirth. By the time summer rolls around again you have forgotten about how hectic it was last year. Just like childbirth, you forget the discomfort by the time you are ready to have a second or third kid. I need to work on setting realistic expectations for Jack. Everyday he wants to know what I am going to do for him. I want him to have a great summer so I bend over backwards to show him a good time. Today we got up early to go to the gym, and then we went to the bank, the drycleaners and the grocery store. When we got home I made lunch and we (me too) took short naps. When everyone got up we went to the pool then back to the gym. The clean laundry pile is taking over our bedroom because I haven't folded clothes in days, the sheets need to be changed and my feet are sticking to the kitchen floor. I don't know if I can keep up this pace for another six weeks!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

sounds like it is time to teach Jack how to fold laundry...make it a party!! wear hats and goofy outfits! you can even have a floor mopping party...see it's just time to get REALLY creative!

good luck!

Jaina said...

I agree with mamarazzi...get them involved in helping you with the chores so that you can have lots of fun.