Sunday, June 1, 2008

Entitled?

Jack: Where are you going?
Me: The gym.
Jack: I need to get dressed.
Me: No you don't, you are going to stay home with daddy.
Jack: Why?
Me: Kids Klub isn't open on Sundays.
Jack: Well, what do I get to do for fun when you get back?

Since when is everyday all about Jack? Apparently, we have had too much fun since school got out a week ago. We have been to the pool, the beach, the park, ice skating, McDonalds and a picnic and that is just in the last week. When we aren't out and about we have been playing in the backyard with the sprinkler, the water table and/or the slip and slide. We rode bikes, got out the Power Wheels, blew bubbles and drew with sidewalk chalk. Even God rested on the seventh day! Don’t I deserve a little time for myself? And, the funny thing is after naps we are heading to the pool. Rough life this kid has!! I guess I need to stop packing his days with fun so that he doesn't expect me to entertain him day in and day out all summer!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

oh yeah you are WAY too much fun. you set the bar high now it's all about making each day just a little bit more fun than the last!

bwaaah hahahah ha ha...

yea i do that too...

Jaina said...

Wow, can I book you as my entertainment director? Sounds like you're having a lot of fun this summer already!