Thursday, June 5, 2008

BBQ Ben

We tried a new restaurant with friends last night. It was a barbeque place called Hoggy's. I get very overwhelmed trying to order at a traditional barbeque restaurant. One, two or three meats? One, two or three sides? Choose from this list or this list, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, the food wasn't too bad after I got pasted the initial stress. I did my best to order something my kids would eat. I went with the smoked brats and called them hot dogs. The kids ate really well, especially Ben. After dinner we went to our friends' house so the kids could jump on the trampoline, the men could play video games and the mommy's could have a glass of wine. Benny may have liked barbeque, but barbeque doesn't like Ben. I was holding the poor little guy when my arm felt damp.

Me: Ben did your diaper leak?
Ben: I went stinky.
Me: Oh, that is poo poo coming out of your diaper...lovely!

I got a diaper, wipes and a plastic bag to dispose of the toxic waste.

Me: There you go buddy, all clean.
Ben: Thanks mom.
Me: No problem.
Ben: Me sorry, me poo pooed on you mommy.

I hate changing diapers, but I will keep doing it for a kid that thanks me for changing him and apologizes for a leaky diaper!

2 comments:

Jaina said...

Aww poor little guy, I hope he's feeling better. And seriously, what a sweetheart.

Crystal D said...

Oh, what a little sweetheart. Good thing you got that glass of wine. :)