Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kelli Hearts Travis

Travis and I celebrated our 11th anniversary last Saturday and as you know Sunday was Father's Day. I have started several drafts about how great Travis is but nothing seemed quite right. I wrote one that talked about all we have been through in the last 11 years, but it was pretty much the same post I did on our 10th anniversary. The last year has been good, but fairly uneventful so I didn't have much to add. Then I wrote a post about what a great dad he is and it ended up sounding cheesy and insincere. I am better at writing comedy, sarcasm and drama than writing about love and admiration. My friends Lisa and Anne write lovely things about their husbands. They usually move me to tears because I feel the same way, I am just awful and putting it into words. Travis got me a great card for our anniversary that sums up how I feel.

We've grown into this life (no doubt about that, we got engaged at 19 years old)
one day,
one challenge,
(more than our fair share of challenges if you ask me)
one celebration at a time... (Luckily, we have had enough celebrations to make up for the challenges)

We've become a family
with a crazy, funny
runaround life.


We've built a home,
filled it with warmth and caring,
(and kids)
made it a place
where love and
dreams can grow...


And it all begins
with love,
the love you give
every day.
I'm so thankful
for the life we share
and the happiness
we've found together.


How does Travis manage to find such great cards and I am only able to find lame cards with Garfield on them? Oh, I know! Travis doesn't go to Walmart for cards, he goes to Hallmark and he doesn't take 3 kids that are trying to beat each other into a coma.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Those words made me well up with tears just reading them!

Josh always buys those super cheese-o cards too....usually with a couple of bears or bunnies and silly jokes. I'm the sap that buys the tear jerkers.....

Happy Anniversary. 11 years - holy moly!

Mamarazzi said...

that card is awesome...the words made me tear up a little.

Happy Anniversary!

Jaina said...

What a perfect card.