Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pissed On

Lauren is doing great with the potty training. She hasn't had an accident since last Saturday...quick knock on some wood! The biggest problem with the potty training is her desire to check out the facilities at every new place we go. Last night we were going to Jack's baseball game. I instructed her to use the potty before we left. I monitored the "deposit" and came to the conclusion that her bladder must be empty. I was wrong. We weren't at the baseball fields 5 minutes before she decided that she needed to go potty. Since Travis is the coach I was stuck taking Ben into the bathroom with me. These bathrooms were only one step up from port-a-potties. The potties flushed and there were four walls, but there wasn't a true ceiling so when it rained last week all of the water just puddled up on the floor. I instructed the kids to avoid the water and head to the back so we could use the handicapped stall. As I was helping Lauren get situated on the extra tall potty Ben took my distraction as an opportunity to splash in the puddles. There was water splashed all the way up to his shorts and all over my calves. I had to convince Lauren that she couldn't take her panties all the way off because the floor was wet so I taught her how to wear them around her ankles. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to spread her legs as far apart as she is used to so she was sitting too close to the front of the potty. I bet you are asking yourself how close is too close? Well, it is too close to the front when you are able to arc the stream over the toilet and only your mother's foot! When she realized what was going on she cut the stream off and wasn't able to start up again. I made her sit there for several more minutes because I was NOT going in there again. I don't know what she was thinking as she was sitting there, but all I could think about was the fact that she probably isn't the first child to miss the toilet and the water that was splashed up on my legs and all over Ben's shorts probably wasn't just water!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

is it horrible that i am laughing REALLY hard right now!? please don't hate me but THAT my friend is PURE AWESOMENESS! oh how i love hearing stories about your kiddos!

wow you have posted 5 times since my last visit!! i am finally caught up, yay me!

Jaina said...

I suddenly want to take a long hot shower. But is it bad that I'm splitting my sides laughing? You really do have the best stories (though I'm sure at the times they occur you don't always think so)