Thursday, March 13, 2008

Three Funnies

My parents have been in town so I haven't made time for blogging. I love having them around and don't want to waste a minute with them, so sorry the blogging had to wait!

We took the kids to the park the other day. There were two 'big boys' playing tag. I have to admit that when I saw them I was already on the defense thinking 'keep your distance from my babies, you are running too fast, you are too big, you are going to hurt someone and if it is one of my kids I am going to hurt you!’ Jack is so outgoing that he started playing tag with them. These were some great kids. They let Jack play and even allowed him to get away when they clearly could have caught him. I was still being pretty cautious and trying to over hear every conversation Jack had with them. This is what I heard.

Big Boy: What grade are you in?
Jack: First
Big Boy: Wow, you are pretty fast for your grade!

As we were leaving the park I waited until we were out of earshot of Jack's new friends.

Me: What grade did you tell that big boy you were in?
Jack: (smiling from ear to ear) First
Me: Why did you tell him that?
Jack: Because I wanted him to think I was a big boy
Me: Do you think they believed you?
Jack: Of course


Funny number 2.

I bought Lauren some new nightgowns on the clearance rack at Carter's for $3.99. They were really soft and I thought Lauren would think she was a big girl. I put them on her last night.

Lauren: Where are my blue pants?
Me: What blue pants?
Lauren: (pointing at her diaper) My blue pants?
Me: You don't have any blue pants.
Lauren: (starting to cry) Yes I do!
Me: Oh, your bloomers?
Lauren: Yes!


Funny number 3.

Me: Happy birthday big boy! I am going to give you five kisses this morning because you are five years old!
Jack: When I am sixteen will you give me 16 kisses?
Me: You better believe it and I am going to remind you that you want me too!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

love love love all 3 stories!

you are so lucky your parents are there for a visit! mine only live 2 hrs away and i never see them!

Crystal D said...

Oh I love how funny kids are. Where in the world do they come up with these things?
Have a good weekend Kelli!