Monday, March 3, 2008

Ten Phrases That Will Never Come Out Of Meme

Holleeann at Vasquez 3 has tagged me for a meme. List 10 phrases that will never come out of my mouth.

1. I won the lottery! (I would love to win big, but I am too cheap to buy a ticket)

2. I love cold weather. (Quite the opposite actually, I am cold just thinking about the snow outside!)

3. I love vomit (see previous posts "Barf-O-Rama", "Barf-O-Rama Part II" and "Ralphing Roulette".

4. I'm sorry. (Okay, I can't say never, but I can say rarely. I am horrible at saying I am sorry and admitting I am wrong. If you don't believe me, ask my husband!)

5. Fixin' to... (I have picked up 'soda' and 'ya'll' since I have lived in Texas, but I can promise you I will never say 'fixin', it just makes you sound dumb!)

6. Fire the housekeeper. (I love her and everything she does! She is coming tomorrow and I am dreading the pre-clean before she arrives, but I can't wait for the clean house tomorrow afternoon!)

7. The kids need more toys. (I have been straining my brain trying to come up with ideas for Jack's birthday. My kids have so many toys they can't possibly play with them all. You have seen the pictures of Ben and Lauren's messy room, right?)

8. Take your time. (I feel like I am always late and always rushing myself and the kids around. I also have a very low tolerance for slow service.)

9. Let's move back to Omaha. (This cold weather has reminded me how much I usually love Texas!)

10. No. (Again, this is more a 'rarely' than a never. I say no to my kids all the time, but I have a very hard time saying no to someone who asks me for help or wants me to volunteer for something.)

3 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

oh yea "fixin' to" whats that all about?!?

fire the housekeeper...yea that's not highly likely for ANYONE who has one!

i am WAY glad you played! i think you might be the first one i tagged who has done it...but then again my google reader is in the triple digits...sooo...i need to get caught up...as you can see i am only on the letter H.

*HolleeAnn*

suchsimplepleasures said...

i had a boyfriend who used to say "fixin to"...i couldn't stand that!! it drove me NUTS!!
i fired my housekeeper! and...sadly, i never hired a new one...i'm it! and...i think i might have to fire myself!!
xoxo

Lisa said...

I was just in Omaha Kelli, and let me tell you - it was pretty excellent!!! Out by your old house there is all this new fabulous stuff......
but it's still cold & grey.....so I guess you'll never want to go back :)