Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fear This


I was awakened this morning before 7am this morning, which usually makes me very cranky, but Jack was so excited about the snow I was able to let it go. We quickly ate breakfast then got ready to head outside to build a snowman. You see, in Texas you can't just wait until after school or the snow will be gone. Luckily, we had a two hour late start today because we had a little over 2" of snow on the grass. The roads were dry! It has been so warm that the snow didn't last when it hit the concrete. Jack and I got dressed and bundled up then I moved on to Ben and Lauren who decided they were scared of the snow. Scared of snow? What? Good thing they are Texans. I guess we just need to add snow to the growing list of things they are scared of - dogs, cats, a raised voice, their shadows. When I explained that Jack and I would be going outside with or without them they decided to come along. Ben and Lauren stood on the snow-free patio while Jack and I built a snowman. The snow was a little too dry so Jack and I had to get the watering can out and wet the snow a little. In Nebraska you would just build a snowman another day, but here there won't be another day. The good news is that it is 56 degrees now so there is hope for Jack's birthday party. The bad news is that these dramatic weather swings have been hell on my MS!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

awww that is the cutest little snowman.

Alison said...

cute lil snowman!! my son would love snow over here...he would be so excited~!!!