Sunday, March 16, 2008

Please Don't Call CPS

Friday Travis and I took the kids, his mom and her boyfriend to Six Flags. We had so much fun. The weather was absolutely perfect in the mid 80s and the park was virtually empty. Ben and Lauren were able to ride several rides this year and enjoyed most of them. The only ride that didn't go over very well was the big Viking ship, Ben had the most terrified look on his face. He kept yelling "Me don't like this one, me don't like this one!". Jack had a blast again. He loved everything about it. We didn't have to stand in any lines and actually stayed on several rides for seconds. I had been promising Jack for weeks that I would go on a "get wet" ride with him. Travis and his mom took Ben and Lauren on the antique cars while Jack and I headed off to the "get wet" ride. Jack was really excited about our adventure and was walking at nearly a run. I was doing my best to keep up without breaking into a jog. The walkway had decorative 2x4s set into the concrete that were slightly raised. My foot dropped at the most inopportune time. It felt like slow motion. I felt myself tripping and saw myself falling towards Jack. I scooped up Jack in attempts to save him from peril. Instead I managed to completely fall on top of him. I scrapped up both hands and smashed my knee. I have been limping around on my softball sized knee for the last three days. When I scooped up Jack my shirt must have gone up because I scrapped my tummy too. Just imagine what would have happened if Jack hadn't broken my fall. Poor Jack didn't even know what hit him. He scrapped up his elbow and his nose and his poor little eye is a little bruised. Jack started to cry. I kept saying "we're okay, we're okay", more trying to convince myself than him. Jack must have believed me because through his tears he said "I want to get wet" so we headed off to the ride. Jack had to slow his pace so I could limp behind him. To make matters worse, it wasn't the "get wet" ride it was a ride similar to the Small World ride at Disney, but instead of the annoying "It's A Small World After All" song with multicultural dolls it was Looney Tunes characters. Jack kept asking throughout the ride when it was going to get fun. We would turn a corner and he would tell me "hold on mom, we are about to get wet", but no such luck. When my mom saw him they had the following conversation:

Grammy: Jack, what happened to your face?
Jack: I fell at Six Flags.
Grammy: How did that happen?
Jack: My mom pushed me.

1 comment:

Mamarazzi said...

BWAaaaa HA hahaha...ooops sorry but "my mom pushed me" HYSTERICAL!

i have fallen a few times and it is ALWAYS in slooooooow motion. what's up with that?!