Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Benny Craig

We normally don't have ice cream in the house because Travis and I have a little willpower problem. But, we have some left over from the birthday extravaganza so we have been using it as a bribe. Jack and Lauren will eat green beans without much of a fight, but anything else and I get a chorus of "me don't like these", "I don't care for...” "do I have to eat...?", etc. Jack will eat his veggies, but under duress. Ben and Lauren on the other hand won't touch them with a ten-foot pole. However, the ice cream bribe has been working on Lauren. Jack and Lauren have been eating all of their veggies for a sweet little scoop of vanilla with chocolate sauce. Poor Benny wants ice cream so badly, but he refuses to eat the veggies.

Ben: Me want ice cream.
Me: Okay.
Ben: Thank you mommy!
Me: You just have to eat your veggies.
Ben: No!
Me: Then you don't get any ice cream.

The poor kid is so darn cute and charming. If it weren't for the other kids that already took the bribe and ate their veggies I would probably cave. But, instead Benny will be giving Jenny Craig a run for her dieting money.

2 comments:

Crystal D said...

I know "they" say not to bribe kids with dessert, but it worked in my house too. And guess what... after a couple of months of bribing, they actually eat their veggies without much of a problem. They don't even fight me now. We don't offer dessert every night, but some nights all it takes is a little bribe and we get clean plates.

Mamarazzi said...

bribery...it will work on all of your kids eventually. as long as you stick to your guns...that was probalby really hard to do, you are a good mommy!