Saturday, December 1, 2007

Plastic Pink Princess Pumps

Lauren got a pair of the plastic dress up shoes for her birthday and I can't seem to loose them no matter how hard I try. If you don't have little girls you are unfamiliar with the pain these plastic pumps can inflict on an unsuspecting bare foot. To make matters worse she calls them her princess shoes. I really don't care for princesses, I try to get her interested in My Little Ponies, Strawberry Shortcake or even Barbies, but for some reason she keeps coming back to princesses. When I look at the Disney princesses the only one that comes to mind that isn't totally worthless is Mulan. The remainder just married well; Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Ariel. I just don't want Lauren to think that the only thing that will make her happy or successful is to marry a prince. But, on the other hand if she is a princess, that makes me a queen!

Unfortunately, Lauren and I are not the only royalty at our house; our little Benny is a drag queen. He loves those damn plastic shoes. He likes nothing more than to put on the pumps and a string of pearls and run away from his sister. If Lauren would stop crying "MY PRINCESS, MY PRINCESS" and just run she might actually catch him. It is pretty impressive how he is able to run in those heels! Today I found him standing in the middle of our living room buck naked, because he had removed his own diaper, holding his jewels (and we aren’t talking the sparkly kind) wearing the pumps and pearls with a giant smile on his little face. Jack never had the opportunity to express himself the same way Ben gets to. Travis didn't want Jack to have any girl toys; dolls, kitchen sets and pumps were out of the question. Only time will tell which son will be better adjusted...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the boys and their girl toys! hehe

At least Belle loved to read...that's her one redeeming quality.

Lisa said...

I love the picture of Ben in the living room with the pink shoes & his "jewels". Too funny!
I always tell Goosey that Belle is my favorite princess because she was smart. She loved reading books and learning about things. Not a bad princess either!

Michelle said...

Every princess can sing too. What are the odds? Even with the overflow of girls' toys in our home, my son hardly ever touches them and never really has.

Rachel said...

*snort*
My daughter loves all things princess. But she knows... that princesses kick butt and that the princes are just pretty pieces of man meat. (not quite those words, she is 4)
I just go with the flow and make sure she knows that she never has to rely on anyone.
I. hate. those. plastic. damn. shoes. Everyone gives them to her.. they're evil!!!

Mamarazzi said...

HEY!! don't forget princess Belle was a bookworm!! THIS is the princess that helped me foster a love of reading in my little princess...thank heaven for Belle!!