Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Ebenezer, I mean Travis, was out of town hunting with his buddies this weekend, which allowed the kids and I to enjoy a lot of Christmas fun. We woke up early and made sugar cookies, dipped some chocolate pretzels and made a batch of snicker doodles all while singing to Christmas music. Then we went to a new pottery-painting place by our house and painted Christmas ornaments then we treated ourselves to Sonic for all of our hard work. When we got home Ben and Lauren went down for their naps while Jack and I dipped some vanilla pretzels. Jack helped me print our calendar. For Jack's first Christmas I made a calendar of pictures from each month and filled in the dates with all of the family's birthdays and anniversaries. I really wouldn't mind stopping this little tradition, but the calendars have become expected by all of the grandparents. After we finished the printing we headed over to Kinko's to get them spiral bound. When we got home we popped popcorn, watched Christmas movies and wrapped the last of the gifts.

Now, all I have to do is write a Christmas letter and choose a picture to send out. I have been putting it off, not because I don't like to write, but because I don’t know what to say. You don't want to brag, but you do want to be interesting. What do you say anyway? Jack is in preschool and is learning to write his name; sometimes he even makes his 'J' in the correct direction. Ben and Lauren are 2; they enjoy making their mother crazy. Travis changed jobs, but I didn't I am still a stay at home mom. Well, that pretty much sums it up which leaves me with approximately 3/4 of a page to fill. Then there is the picture. What should I send? The picture of the kids screaming on Santa's lap? The Halloween picture where they are all smiling but you can't really tell what they look like? A picture that is nearly a year old where everyone is smiling? Or, do I try to talk Travis into having a family picture taken so our friends in Nebraska don't think we have gotten fat? Well I better get started on that letter!

No comments: