Friday, December 14, 2007

It's A Gift...


I am usually not one to brag about my parenting, but if I do say so myself, I deserve props for this one...even if it is just from myself. Last year I started a little tradition with Jack. I have him choose two of his toys that he feels he has out grown for his brother and sister for Christmas. He didn't really get it last year, but I thought it was important for him to understand the giving part of Christmas. But, this year he actually put thought into which of his toys Ben and Lauren like to play with then took the time to wrap the gifts himself. I am kind of a wrapping perfectionist, so I was pretty proud of myself for not "helping" him wrap the gifts. The gifts look like crap, but you should have seen him beaming when he put them under the tree. I think this year I am going to have Ben and Lauren pick something out to give to their cousin Drew! Go ahead; tell me what a great idea it is! I should write a book or something...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What an awesome idea! They put thought into giving and it doesn't cost you anything! I love it!

SWC said...

Awww, this is so sweet! What a great thing to do!

Ryan and Katie said...

I'll give you even greater praise for figuring out my "rock dilemma".

Unknown said...

That totally is a great idea! I may have to steal it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Drew is a lucky boy!