Sunday, December 30, 2007

Only 360 More Days Until Christmas

I have officially dug out from underneath the massive heaps of laundry that I allowed to build up while my parents were visiting. I spent nearly $200 on groceries this morning replenishing our food supply since I hadn't been to the grocery store in nearly two weeks. Tomorrow I will take down the Christmas decorations and it will be back to life, as we know it.

Christmas was so much fun, I can't wait until next year! I was sick on the 22nd so I wasn't able to take Jack to the fun kids party we were planning on going to. My parents and sister took him so he didn't miss the sledding (yes, sledding in Texas, the hosts rented a snow machine and sledding ramp), balloon animal making Santa, hotdog cooking over a campfire and cookie decorating. Needless to say Jack had a great time and I got some much-needed rest!





Jack loved his Power Wheel and has been out driving it in the cold daily. I can't remember a Christmas moment better than watching Jack driving down the sidewalk pumping his arms in the air as though he had just scored a touch down. It was great; I won't forget it and I don't think he will either.

Ben loved playing with each of his gifts as he opened them. He actually got annoyed when we told him to open another gift because he was busy playing with something else. It was great to see him appreciate everything he got. I know it makes the grandparents happy to know he likes his gift!

Lauren understood that the more packages she opened the more new toys she got. We didn't have to talk her into opening the next gift. When all of her presents were gone she looked at me and said, "More please, mom". At least the greedy little brat was polite!

My mom loved the platter that I painted for her. I have wanted to post a picture of it because I am so proud of it, but I couldn't since my mom reads my blog. Now that the kitty is out of the bag I will share it with ya'll. The snowmen are Ben, Lauren and my nephew Drew's footprints and the tree is Jack's footprint.



I have a lot more stories about the kids over the last week, but I can't think of them right now. I will post them as they come to me!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That picture of Jack going down the snow ramp is priceless. To think that he was born in Nebraska where there is usually more than enough snow!!!
Glad you had a nice Christmas!!!

Rachel said...

That platter is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! How adorably creative!