Monday, December 3, 2007

Clueless

I was treating myself to a cup of hot cider while I watched Good Morning American and listened to Ben and Lauren playing together nicely in their room when all hell broke loose. I heard a giant crash and rather than crying I heard accusations "Benny did it!” "No, Lolo did it!". I ran upstairs to find their dresser completely emptied out, clothes strewn from one end of the room to the other, and the dresser on it's side.

Lauren: Benny trashed my room; look (pointing at the dresser) he broke it!
Ben: No, Lolo did it!
Me: What happened?
Lauren: Benny did it!
Ben: Lolo did it!
Me: Ben did you do this?
Ben: No, Lolo did it!
Me: Lauren did you do this?
Lauren: No, Benny did it!
Me: Who did this?

At the very same time they both accused the other by pointing and saying "Benny/Lolo did it!” I am afraid this will not be the last time they accuse each other and I end up leaving the room just as clueless as I was when I walked in.

I finally got over feeling like a complete fool so I decided to talk to Jack.

Me: When is Scooby Doo going to be over?
Jack: When they take the bad guys mask off, duh.
Me: We are going to go see Santa, when will you be ready to go?
Jack: I already told you, when they take the bad guys mask off.

When did I become so stupid? I thought that didn't happen until the kids were teenagers. I can't imagine how stupid I will be then!

2 comments:

SWC said...

I love these conversations that you record for all of us. Priceless! You really need to install hidden cameras!

Rachel said...

LOL! I asked my dad this the other day because my 4 year old often looks at me like I've given my brain a leave of absence... he said as soon as they learn to talk, we start to become dumber and dumber and dumber... and then once they meet other 'talkers' we're screwed until their 20's. Gee, I feel better.
This was hysterical!!