Monday, December 10, 2007

Doggy Dog World

Me: Do you have a part in the Christmas program?
Jack: Yep.
Me: Wow, that's great! What are you?
Jack: A dog.
Me: A dog? There isn't a dog in the Christmas story.
Jack: Yes there is.
Me: What do you do?
Jack: I lick the baby Jesus.

At this point I am ready to throw the bullshit flag, but I didn't want to be too hasty just incase he really was a dog. So, I tried to ask a few more questions.

Me: Do you wear a costume?
Jack: Nope.
Me: How are people supposed to know you are a dog?
Jack: I wear a mask.

I was pretty sure he was pulling my leg, but I didn't really know where to go from here, so I let it go and decided to check his story with a friend of mine who teaches at the preschool. And, you know what? He was telling the truth! He is going to be a dog in the Christmas program. I am so proud.

No comments: