Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Anarchy

I need to start carrying that damn elf in my purse! It has been raining all day. I want to complain, but I have seen the national news and heard about all of the ice the midwest is having. At least it is 68 degrees here! The rain was hardly falling when I walked out the Walmart doors. As I walked to the north forty where I was forced to park due to the masses of Christmas shoppers the rain fell harder and harder. By the time I arrived at the car with my cart load of groceries and a couple more Christmas presents it was an all out downpour. I quickly put the kids in the car, so they wouldn't get wet (read: drenched), and instructed them to climb into their seats. After I got the groceries in the car I went to buckle Ben and Lauren into their seats and realized they had locked the doors. I had the keys in my hand, but by the time I locked the doors, then hit unlock twice so the back doors would unlock they would push the button down again. My white shirt was becoming more and more transparent as Ben and Lauren looked me in the face and laughed. It was hard to be mad at those little faces as they beamed with pride for their new game. By the time I finally got in the car and was cold and wet it was a lot easier to be annoyed!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Rain sucks - but like you said, at least it's 68. Here in "Frozen Tundra Hell" as my friend Andi from NC likes to call it , we have ice everywhere, haven't left the house in two days, and it's colder than shit. God, we must really love our family to have come back here :)
Pretty funny that Ben & Lauren started that game!!!