Monday, December 3, 2007

You'd Better Not Pout...

I met my sister at the mall today so we could get the kids' pictures taken with Santa. Ben and Lauren are still not Santa fans. We ended up with a picture of Ben on one knee, Lauren on the other and Jack standing between Santa's legs. Ben and Lauren are screaming their fool heads off while Jack has a faux smile pasted on his annoyed little face. Meanwhile, my nephew who is only one, smiled like a champ. Life just isn't fair!

Jack has wanted a power wheels for over a year. He asked for one for Christmas last year. Our only saving grace was that he froze up when he saw Santa last year and forgot to ask him for the power wheels. This year he wasn't going to let that happen again. I had everyone loaded in the car when he realized that he had forgotten his list, he made me run in and get it. When we got to the mall he stuffed his list in Santa's face then explained the power wheels in detail; "the one that looks like a Jeep that my brother or sister can ride with me, it has big tires so I can drive it in the grass and the hood is open so you can see the engine". Just then the woman pedaling the pictures interrupted me to discuss which over price picture I would like to purchase. I finished paying for my picture just as Jack was finishing up his conversation with Santa, all I heard was:

Jack: Did you get all that Santa?
Santa: Yep, I sure did, I will see what we can do, we can't always get EVERYTHING on your list.
Jack: You got the power wheels, right?
Santa: I sure did!

Everything, what? I had only heard about the power wheels and the remote control car. I have the remote control car covered, but Travis and I just don't want to spend $400 on the power wheels. That toy is so expensive, and Santa said he got it...yikes, get your checkbook out Santa! On the way to lunch I decided to quiz Jack on the rest of the things he asked Santa for.

Me: What did you ask Santa for?
Jack: Power Wheels
Me: Did you ask for anything else?
Jack: Yep.
Me: What else?
Jack: You'll see Christmas morning!

Now what? How am I going to figure out what else he asked for? This kid will be the death of me! Why won't he just tell me? If he doesn't spill it he is going to be the one who is surprised Christmas morning, not me!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Goosey told Santa about some sleeping doll today. I'd never heard her mention this doll, nor do I know what she's talking about. It was the only thing she asked Santa for. Great, huh?

Crystal D said...

Oh I suggest a follow-up letter to Santa so he has the "list" in writing. That is just hilarious.

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea!

Anonymous said...

"You'll see!!" So cute. And, um, good luck getting that list!