Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Who Is This Girl?

Lauren is becoming someone I just don't recognize! Today we were watching The View; it is Rosie's 45th birthday, so they were celebrating with Broadway show tunes. Just as I am about to change it, I notice that Lauren is actually enjoying it. She is dancing to the beat (I think, I really wouldn't know since I can't) with a giant smile on her face. Show tunes? Dancing? I took dance class when I was really young. I can't remember the teacher’s real name, but I can tell you I called her Ms. Piggy and I can tell you we had to dance in the recital to a song called 'I'm a Flirt' and make these horrible hand motions. This experience was so bad that I didn't take dance again until Travis and I were engaged. We took a ballroom dancing class that almost led to a divorce before we were even married. Travis would angrily count one, two...three, four with his teeth clenched together while I did my best to just stay standing. What was I thinking? Yes, when you do your first dance everyone is starring at you, but you are wearing a long dress and nobody can see your feet, so who cares?

Anyway, back to Lauren. She is also making this very strange face. She kind of bites in part of her lower lip while she lets the other side pout downward. She looks like a stroke victim. It reminds me of a girl I used to swim with in high school. Come to think of it, her brother who was also a swimmer was very in to theater...

I just love watching Ben and Lauren grow up. While I was pregnant I kept thinking about how I couldn't wait to meet them. But, I don't think you really get to KNOW them for a couple of years. I can only hope that I like them as adults so that we can change from a parent/child relationship to friends like my parents and I have become.

No comments: