Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spiderman doesn't roar...

This morning Lauren was putting on Jack's Spiderman mask and saying "rooooaaar", Jack took the mask off her face and very seriously said "Spidermand does not roar", as Lauren stood there and blankly stared at him he got more and more angry. I attempted to interupt the conversation before it got too heated and Jack told me "Don't interupt me while I am trying to teach Lauren a lesson". So, here is the lesson...SPIDERMAN DOES NOT ROAR.

I am glad that I didn't get my hopes up about 4 years old yesterday or it would have come to a crash landing today. Jack had his friend J.D. over this morning. About half way through the playdate, I hear poor Lauren screaming bloody murder on the stairs. I find her on the landing and ask Jack what happened, he studdered attempting to come up with a good lie when J.D. pipes in and says Jack pushed her down the stairs. If that was the worst of it, I would have considered it a successful playdate. As the playdate was winding down, Jack decided to pee into one of his toys. That's right, he pee'd into one of his toys. He again wasn't telling the truth when J.D. pipes in with the truth. I wonder if the twins will rat each other out like this. If so, my job will be so much easier the second time around! Anyway, we have had trouble with Jack lying and with potty outside of the bathroom way too frequently lately. I will be bringing it up to the doctor at his 4 year appointment tomorrow...

No comments: