Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Do I Look Blind and Deaf?

So yesterday I bit the bullet and took all 3 kids to Wal-Mart. I have been buying groceries on Sunday nights after the kids go to bed, but yesterday I needed to pick up a few things for a party I am having tonight. As we are parking the car Jack very sweetly asks if they can ride in the Bob The Builder cart. Since we didn't have many things to get and he asked so nicely I said yes. I wish God would have struck me with lightning right then so I wouldn't have to go through the pain I was about to endure. It really hacks me off that Wal-Mart makes me pay to push this monstrosity around the story. The basket is smaller and you can't even push it into the parking lot, you have to transfer your groceries into another cart to get to your car, not to mention that is doesn't steer worth a hoot. I decided to put all 3 kids in the car so they could all watch T.V. We weren't 5 ft into the store when the babies start beating the hell out of each other. They are head butting each other and pulling hair as Jack is cheering them on. I am walking through the store as quickly as possible to stop the bleeding. People are staring. The other mothers are looking at me with an 'I've been there sister' look in their eyes, but the old ladies, what is up with them? One particularly rude old woman stopped me to tell me that the kids are fighting. Do I look blind? Or even deaf? Or just stupid? I was fully aware of the train wreck I was pushing, but I needed to buy some wine...wouldn't you?

No comments: