Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bimbo?


The kids and I have been anticipating Travis' arrival after being out of town on business all week. Yesterday he calls me from the airport in Mexico and tells me he is about to get on the plane and he has bought me a present. A present, for me? He will sometimes get something for the kids, but for me never. He tells me that he has gotten me something I can wear since I have been complaining about not having anything. This gives me a flashback of the tiny T-shirt he bought me in Costa Rica. In Travis' defense it was a medium, which is normally my size, but apparently Costa Ricans are little people! So he comes home last night and presents me with a soccer jersey. Odd, I don't follow soccer; I am not even a soccer mom, yet. Travis can see my lack of enthusiasm, then points out that everyone in Mexico wears them. Okay, but don't I live in Texas? Then with a giant smile on his face he points out that is says 'Bimbo' across the front. Bimbo is apparently a sponsor of the soccer team and doesn't mean the same thing in Spanish as it does in English. Does he think I am a bimbo? Does he think being a bimbo is a good thing? Where would I wear a shirt like this? I guess I am back to having nothing to wear...

1 comment:

Misty said...

thats hilarious! what a sense of humor:)