Monday, March 12, 2007

First Timer

So, this is my first time. I started a scrapbook for my son Jack when he was born, I religiously 'scrapped' until he was all of 2 months old. The book is now gathering dust in a closet, and he turns 4 tomorrow! I work a few hours a week from home and I figure if I am already sitting in front of my computer I should be able to handle this. Not to mention it doesn't involve cutting, glueing or nice handwriting! My friend Anne told me about her blog a long time ago and mentioned that she does it so someday her kids will know that she was a real person. I have been feeling guilty ever since. It isn't her fault that I feel guilty, I am the only person who can make me feel guilty...I learned that in therapy a long time ago, now you owe me $90 for the session!

Anyway, I am the mother of three. Jack will be turning 4 tomorrow and I have 19 month old boy/girl twins, Ben and Lauren. My kids are my whole world...and I attempt to squeeze my husband in there somewhere! I love my life, but I describe it as 'shoveling water with a pitchfork'. I get one kid under control and another one needs something, has fallen and can't get up or is trying to damage my ever falling apart house! I always have something that isn't getting done because I am attempting to give 110% to some other project. My current project is my son's birthday. This weekend we took him to Six Flags...he has finally reached 42" (well, actually 41.5", but with his shoes he is in!) so he can ride some of the rollercoasters. It was so fun! My parents came along with us so the adults out numbered the kids, which is a great feeling! Jack, fell asleep the second we hit the car. When he woke up he announced that this was the best birthday celebration ever. I love when he says that kind of stuff, it makes my job feel so worthwhile! We had a family birthday party that very same night. I made chicken parm, spaghetti, fresh green beans, salad and cresent rolls. Jack would live on cresent rolls if given the opportunity and since it was his birthday, he was allowed to, for just one night! Tomorrow is the 'friend' birthday party at the firestation. This has totally consumed me. My husband is pissed that he doesn't have clean undershirts and the laundry isn't put away. But, the way I see it is Jack may remember this for the rest of his life (and he may not...) and I can guarantee he won't remember whether the laundry was put away. Most of it is at least clean! I will post pictures of the party, complete with the cool firetruck cake and handmade firetruck frames tomorrow if I can figure out how to do it!!

I have lots of stories to share about my kids in the last few weeks, but I will attempt to remember them and use them on a slow news day!

No comments: