Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Day One Again

I lasted about 3 hours without complaining yesterday. By the time Travis got home, the MOPS drama had blown up again and I couldn't help but vent my frustration. One of the members called another to "witness" to her and told her that because she is Catholic she is not going to heaven. Oh my! This is not the MOPS philosophy, nor is it the philosophy of the Methodist church we meet at. I had been discussing all of this with the regional MOPS coordinator, but I stumped her last night and she is now taking it to her area coordinator. It won't be long before we are consulting God himself on our little MOPS drama!

Anyway, now that I have that complaining out of the way, I will start my complaint free 21 days again. Does it count as complaining if I type my complaints, but I don't say them out loud? This may be just the loophole I have been looking for!

Travis and I rented The Pursuit of Happyness last night. I wanted to see it in the theater, but I can't remember the last time I saw an adult movie in the theater and this one was no different! The movie was pretty depressing. I couldn't help but put myself into Chris Gardner's position and picture Jack sleeping on the floor of the bathroom in a train station. If you need motivation to not complain, rent this movie! I am a spoiled brat, and so are my kids!

Today is Jack's appointment at Children's Hospital with the orthopedic doctor. I will keep you posted.

No comments: