Friday, March 30, 2007

Time To Relax

The MOPS meeting in officially behind us! Before the meeting I took time to reflect on my coordinator position. I like fundraising, I like planning and securing speakers, I like organizing events, I don't like drama and I don't like pettiness. I decided I don't have time to deal with things that I don't like. What I like about my position is running MOPS like a business. If I were to compare my position to business, I would be the CEO. When two employees are having a petty argument the CEO rarely knows about it. And, if she does, she fires the fools! I decided the latest exchange has not been constructive to the group or my family.

I was pretty frazzled this morning. On my way to take my kids down to childcare this morning I was frantically looking for Lauren. I had both boys in my sight, but I could find Lauren. Guess where I found her? I was holding her...yes, I am losing it! The meeting went well, I said what I needed to say, and then moved on. We had an interesting speaker and everyone seems to be okay. Only time will tell!

All I wanted to do is come home after the meeting and relax. But instead I took all three kids to a 3 year old's birthday party. When we got home I did a little work.

Now it is time to relax! Here are my top ten relaxing activities:

1. Putting on my ripped jeans and sweatshirt.

2. Putting my hair in a ponytail.

3. All three kids sleeping at one time.

4. Watering the flowers.



5. Flying a kite.

6. GNI (Girls Night In) with Trisha and Anne.

7. Letting the kids climb all over me while I lay on the floor.

8. Saturday mornings in bed when Jack climbs in.

9. Having all the chores done. (Since this never happens I will have to use one of the other nine relaxing activities)

10. Taking a nap. (A rare, but fabulous activity)

Right now I am sitting on the couch, in my ripped jeans and sweatshirt, with a ponytail, while all 3 kids nap and I am looking forward to a great night with my best buddies...What could be sweeter?

No comments: