Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Puppy Love


Some kids have "Loveys"; some have "Memes" and still others have "Blankies"; my kids have "Puppies". When Jack was a baby he became attached to a little stuffed puppy, which he appropriately calls "puppy". Last year Jack made the observation that the babies didn't have anything to sleep with so I took him to the store so he could pick out animals for Ben and Lauren to give them for Christmas. He chose a leopard for Lauren and a lion for Ben; they have taken to them like flies to shit! The funny part is they call their animals "puppy" too since that is what Jack calls his animal. It really is quite cute, but very quirky!

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

that is REALLY cute! my daughter is 12 and she has 5 special "loveys" and get this...the last few weeks she has held a drawing EVERY night to see who gets to sleep with her and who has to sleep in the purple chair.

LMAO! kids!! (even preteens!)

Michelle said...

My son had a little pillow that had to go everywhere with him when he was little. It became so worn I was afraid to wash it for fear of disintegration. It got so smelly and dirty though I had to do something. He had a blanket made of the same material that he wouldn't touch so I used that to make a new pillow. It took a couple weeks but I finally got him to part with the old pillow in favor of the new one.