Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Recalled?

No, I am not referring to another lead laced toy! I have been coughing all night for the last two weeks. I started off taking the generic cough medicine from Walmart, Equate. I don't really care if it is name brand for me so I decided to save the money. When that didn't work Travis was convinced that it was because I cheaped out, so he went out and bought me two different formulas of Robitussin. Neither one worked. Last night Travis was threatening me with divorce if I didn't see the doctor today. I took the Robitussin and was sucking on a Halls, nothing worked. I couldn't breath; I finally had to sit up in the chair to stop coughing. So I went to the doctor this morning, coughed up my co-pay (hehe, I am so punny!) and left with a prescription for some cough medicine with Codeine. Upon arriving at Walgreen’s the pharmacist informed me that the FDA has recalled the drug my doctor had prescribed me. What? Is it too much to ask that the doctor be current on the recalled drugs? The kids used to see this doctor, but I switched them to a pediatrician about a year ago after an appointment that wasn't as through as I thought it should be. The doctor is a really nice guy, but now I am starting to wonder if Travis and I are receiving the best care available. Am I over reacting?

No comments: