Saturday, November 3, 2007

I Liked You Just The Way You Were!

I was watching Oprah yesterday and Hillary Swank was on cutting 8 inches off her hair to donate to Beautiful Lengths. The hair is used to make wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment. I had a hair cut scheduled for this afternoon and I had been thinking that I wanted to do something different. The show was just what I needed to motivate me to cut my hair short! I am going to be sending my hair off on Monday! I have a cute little angled bob after cutting off about 9 inches. It took Travis a while to say he liked it and Jack told me "I liked you just the way you were". I guess it is just going to take the men in my life a little time to adjust!

5 comments:

SWC said...

Good for you! The short hair is sooo much easier anyway....and for a good cause!

In case you're wondering who the heck I am, I decided to check your blog out after reading about you on Karen's site.

Mamarazzi said...

fantastic!! really good for you!!

my daughter has donated 12 inches to locks of love for the last 3 summers. her hair grows FAST and it is thick and gorgeous. the first time she donated she was 9 and said, "i want to donate my hair for all those people who lost theirs in the hurricane". LOL i dont know where she got the idea of mixing the two "helps" but once we explained that her hair could easily make 2 cute wigs for a couple of little girls she was all in...and said she wanted to do it every year.

THIS year she has yet to shed the inches, maybe it's hormones or vanity...who knows, but it was always her choice any way soooo.

she watched that Oprah with me and said, "hmmm that's another place to donate and they only want 8 inches...maybe i will give them 8 inches of my hair"..we measured and her hair will still be quite long so maybe...at least she is thinking about it.

ya know i am not sure how i got here...lol...it would take me forever to backtrack and figure it out but if i do i will let you know...

Mamarazzi said...

oh we were both recipients of the blog award from Karen...yay us!! THAT is how i found you!

i will poke around a little more and feel free to come and say hey on my blog!

i love making new bloggy friends!

Lisa said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Mom would like pictures, please.